web 2.0

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mission to "Mars"

Mission to "Mars" Video Clips. Duration : 57.37 Mins.


Google Tech Talk April 5, 2010 ABSTRACT Presented by David D. Levine. In January 2010 I spent two weeks at the Mars Desert Research Station, a simulated Mars base in the Utah desert. Although the Martian conditions were simulated, the science was real, as were the isolation, hostile environment, and problems faced by the six-person crew. Although my official title was Crew Journalist, I soon found myself repairing space suits, helping to keep the habitat running, and having interplanetary adventures I'd never before imagined. My talk on the experience is profusely illustrated with photographs and has gotten rave reviews. Please see bentopress.com for more information. My name is David D. Levine and I'm a science fiction writer. I've sold over 40 short stories to all the major markets, including Asimov's and Analog, and I've won a Hugo Award, been nominated for the Nebula, and won or been shortlisted for many other awards as well as appearing in numerous Year's Best anthologies. I retired in 2007 after a 25-year career as a technical writer, software engineer, and user interface designer for Tektronix, Intel, and McAfee and now spend my days writing, traveling, and getting into trouble. For more on me, see www.bentopress.com

Tags: google, tech, talks, space, exploration, mars

0 comments:

Post a Comment